Drawing Workshop for Adult Beginners in Brisbane 19th and 20th August 2017
Why Attend?This workshop is geared for beginners only (adults only please) Over the two days I will introduce the basic techniques and structure of drawing and sketching (tone, line, form, volume, proportion, perspective and composition.). We will learn about drawing materials, shading and modelling forms and how to deal with “mistakes”, do some practical exercises and start sketching and drawing simple objects. The fee for this workshop includes a full kit which contains the following:
- An A3 Sketchbook 210gms (25 pages)
- Roll up Pencil Bag
- 18 x Graphite Pencils: 2 x 2H, 1 x HB, 1 x B, 4 x 2B, 2 x 3B, 4 x 4B, 1 x 5B, 1 x 6B, 1 x 7B and 1 x 8B
- 3 x Charcoal Pencils (Soft ,Neutral, Hard)
- 3 x Tortillons
- 1 x Knife
- 1 x Pencil Extender
- Vine charcoal and compressed charcoal sticks
A bit about drawing:I firmly believe that drawing is an artist’s best friend. Drawing gives us the foundation on which to build our art.
1. We draw or sketch to put down an idea, record a scene on our travels.
2. Using drawing as a study to prepare for other projects such as painting helps solve problems that might be very difficult to correct once you’ve started painting.
3. Doing drawings as fully developed works of art.
Sketching or drawing train the eye and hand to see, observe and record. To an artist, drawing is a very useful tool indeed.
The FeeThe workshop costs $180.00 inclusive of materials specified above.
PaymentPlease book early to avoid disappointment as PLACES ARE RESTRICTED TO 10 STUDENTS, by paying into the following account:
Account : 004 - 2984